Create a scheduled task named “Auto VPN” or something similar
Tick the Run whether user is logged on or not
Tick the Run with highest privileges
Select Configure for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 in the Configure For drop down box
Create a the trigger for the task and set the Begin the task drop down to At startup
Create an action for the task and set the action to Start a program
Set the Program/script to c:\windows\system32\rasdial.exe
Put the name of the connection to be made in the Add Arguments box*
*If the name contains spaces you will need to enclose the name in quotation marks
*You may need to additional rasdial parameters to the Add Arguments box dependant on the connection properties
Clear all task Conditions
The end result should be that your VPN connection is automatically connected on Start up. You can also configure the connection for login or even a specific user’s login.
1) Go to Control Panel and open “Network Connections”
2) Right click on your broadband connection icon and select “Properties”
3) Uncheck “Prompt for name and password…”
4) Click on “OK”
5) Open your “C:/Documents and settings” folder
6) Open the “All Users” folder
7) Open the “Start Menu” folder
8) Open the “Programs” folder
9) Go to your Programs Folder -> Startup
9) Copy a short-cut of your Broadband Connection, from the Network Connections folder in to the “Startup” folder.
PPPOE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)
FOR WINDOWS 7
To set up PPPOE connection go to Start>Control Panel>Network and internet>network and sharing center>CLICK set up a new connection or network>Connect to the internet>next>Broadband connection PPPOE>next>wright user name and password>tick mark on remember my password>tick mark on allow other users to use this connection>next>connect.
then go again to Start>Control Panel>Network and internet>network and sharing center>LOOK FOR CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS>THEN double CLICK ON local area connection>properties>internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4)>CLICK use this following ip address> wright you ip there eg: 192.168.xx.xxx subnet mask: 255.255.0.0>press ok> ok> close> then disconnect your internet connection and reconnect again. then you can use internet connection and access our FTP server’s.
For WINDOWS XP
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network and Internet Connections.
- Click Network Connections, and then click Create a new connection in the Network Tasks pane.
- After the Network Connection Wizard starts, click Next.
- Click Connect to the Internet, and then click Next.
- Click Set up my connection manually, and then click Next.
- Click Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password or Connect using a broadband connection that is always on.
- Type the Internet service provider (ISP) name that your ISP provided, and then click Next.
- Type the user name
- Type the password
- Type the password one more time to confirm it, and then click Next.
- Click Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop.
- Click Finish to complete the wizard.
first switch on the router then place your LAN card cable to your router LAN port (use your cable provided with router a short cable). now remove your IP from LOCAL area connection (LAN) u will get automatic IP from router.then open your browser and wright on the address bar 192.168.X.X (see router box or router body for ip) press enter and u will see a user name and password box. please wright down the user name and password provided with your router box. now go to connection type or connection setup select PPPoE or does your connection need a dial up then use your user name and password on the desired boxes and press save. and you are done. now u can setup your protection for WiFi just go to WIFI settings and select security type WPA KEY 2 and u will get a box where u can put your own password for WiFi (PASS KEY MUST BE OF 8 OR 13 Character). press save and reboot your router and u will connect automatically. if you are new router user and previously used to connect from PC by dialing from PC then you have to remove your existing PPPoE connection otherwise it will disturb you.remember u need to insert cable which came from outside in WAN port (written in your router).